Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What am I doing here?

The question often comes up, "why do I spend so much time at Evil Editor's blog?" It usually comes up when my wife is standing behind me looking at the computer screen while a pile of dishes festers in the sink and our daughter is in tears because Daddy won't play with her again. I'm glad they understand.

But it is a good question. What is it about that particular blog that keeps me going back? Is it the piquant combination of creativity, off-kilter humour, educational insights and collective insanity, all mixed into the metaphorical perfect storm? Or is it that I accidentally set my browser home page and haven't figure out how to change it?

Perhaps this perfect storm is our host, Evil Editor himself? What elements combined to make him the man he is? To answer that question, to find the root of all Evil, I tracked down some people from Evil Editor's past...

11 comments:

Whirlochre said...

I've just laughed a tooth loose.

Viva Ril.

Precie said...

OMG, ril. Absolute brilliance!

Sylvia said...

This is priceless - what an excellent job!

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA Wonderful!! Read the whole thing and I must say your writing skills are far superior to those of most journalists. Just really damn funny, I say.

ME

Blogless Troll said...

Pure. Genius.

Chris Eldin said...

OMG!!! This is brilliant!!

I've been waiting to read yours, and yes it was worth the wait!
:-)

PJD said...

How did you track them all down?

I agree with whirlochre.

Unknown said...

Ril, this was great! :-) I needed a good laugh today - and you provided it.

Harm Others bookshelf? Hmm...I'll have to investigate that myself. ;-)

THANKS! :-)

Nancy Beck said...

Whoops...forgot to sign out of one of my other gmail accounts.

Again, Ril, this was great fun! :-)

Robin S. said...

Damn. You are a genius.

Robin S. said...

hi ril,

I hope you keep this live, and post every once in a while.